Most people find maintaining a healthy weight tough and losing weight even tougher. In most cases traditional crash diets to lose weight do not work. The aim to lose weight must be to achieve lasting weight loss with a healthy diet. It is not advisable to go hungry or crave for food. Extreme crash diets leave a person cranky and hungry. One must lose weight without feeling miserable. The best strategy to lose weight is to make a right choice of foods and develop new eating habits which leave the person satisfied. Evidences have shown that people who lose weight gradually and steadily (about 1 to 2 pounds per week) are more successful at keeping weight off. Healthy weight loss is not just a diet or a program. It is about a constant lifestyle that includes long-term changes in daily eating and exercise habits. Here are some Healthy Weight Loss Tips
Tips to lose weight without pain
- Add foods to the diet instead of reducing or subtracting foods. Add healthy fruits that you like deep-red cherries, juicy grapes, or mangoes. Add more veggies into soups, stews, and sauces.
- Eat fruits for breakfast as well as snacks in the afternoon.
- Add low calories food like simple veggies cooked in less oil to the diet and reduce extra cheese on pizzas, have low fat Ice creams.
- Include foods rich in fiber like whole wheat flour. Fiber helps you to feel satisfied longer and eat less.
- Switch to light drinks like soda and lemon juice during meals from high calorie drinks. Water is the best beverage to switch over to.
Exercise and sleep
- It is not necessary to perform vigorous exercises if you are not willing. Calories can be burnt by simple activities like hiking, washing the car, doing gardening, riding bike or playing around with children or taking the dog for a walk.
- Try dancing to the music in your favorite music shows.
- While relaxing pedal your stationery bike, walk the treadmill, or slip in a little strength training doing bicep curls.
- Enough sleep is required to rest the body and it also reduces hunger. Keep a fixed time to sleep and wake up.
Walking for 10 minutes twice a day is a super-easy way to keep fit. This can be added by walking to the parking lot, going for shopping, climb the stairs wherever possible. Walk around the mall doing window shopping can also be included in walking.
- Develop the habit of eating from a small plate because a smaller plate looks full with less food and provides satisfaction, while a larger plate tends to look empty and increases the craving for more.
- Use smaller bowls, cups, and spoons for sweets and desserts. This way the pleasure last longer.
- Eat at meal times only and remain involved in eating. Do not eat when bored or while watching the TV or being occupied in other things.
- Keep a fixed time for snacks and as well. Eat at least 2-3 hours before going to bed.
- When hungry, keep eating fruits or salads to subside hunger with healthy calories like banana, apple or some grapes.
- Stick to water throughout the day after taking fruit juice for breakfast. This will help in avoiding empty calories.
- Reduce to two slices of bread instead of four or half portion of cereals and dairy products instead of one.
- Make it a point to never take a second helping. Finish what is served in the first helping.
- As far as possible eat home cooked fat instead of eating at restaurants